Hope Conference 2014
A Foster and Adoption Support Conference
Geyer Springs First Baptist Church, 12400 Interstate 30, Little Rock, AR 72210, USA
This event has already passed by. Sorry.
Event DescriptionOnline registration for this event is now closed. There is still room. The cost is $20 at the door.
Michael and Amy Monroe are the proud parents of four adopted children. Together, they lead Tapestry, the adoption and foster care ministry at Irving Bible Church.
Hope Conference 2014 will be ideal for adoptive and foster parents, those considering adoption or foster care and those who are serving and supporting others through ministries or services.
Approximately 7 CEUs will be offered for foster parents. These will be distributed between the two days and depending on breakout session attendance. Certificates and forms for Social Work CE requests will be provided, but actual credit will be determined by the AR SWLB.
Friday, January 24th
5:45pm - Sign-In and Registration
6:00pm - Dinner with Michael and Amy Monroe
7:00pm - Intro Session with Monroes
9:00pm - End of Day One
Saturday, January 25th
8:00am - Sign-In & Registration
8:30am - Praise and Worship lead by Cara Chapman
9:00am - Session I with Monroes
10:30am - Session II with Monroes
Lunch - Provided
12:30 - Breakout Sessions
2:15 pm - Session III with Monroes
4:00pm - End of Conference
Options for Breakout Session will include:
1) Tangled House - For the parents of foster and adoptive children; remember when you never argued with your spouse? When you were slow to anger.....especially over the small stuff? Do you remember what it was like before kids? Tangled House offers practical insight you can use today in your marriage.
2) In the Trenches - Overwhelmed? In need of encouragement? Hear from women who are here to offer you hope on this amazing journey of foster care and adoption.
3) Getting Started - Are you considering a private domestic or international adoption? Come hear from experts from several agencies that can help answer your questions. This session will be divided into two groups; private domestic & international.
4) Sensory and Educational Issues for Adopted/Foster Children - A child that experiences a disruptive childhood due to foster care and/or adoption is at high risk for struggling academically and in other areas in life. This session will address the language learning and sensory processing skills necessary to every child's development.
* This conference is a time of encouragement, equipping, fellowship, and renewal for parents, perspective parents and couples. We ask that you not bring children to this event.